In today’s changing lifestyle, diseases have made an evident place. Changing lifestyle affects our body, which let various health disorders take over. One such disorder is high blood sugar which is quite dominant today. High blood sugar can cause other types of diseases in the body. It also possesses adverse effects on several organs of the body. If high blood sugar is not treated timely, it can lead to severe cardiovascular and renal issues.
High blood sugar: an Introduction
When the amount of sugar in the blood is higher than the normal, the condition is known as high blood sugar, and medically hyperglycemia. It greatly affects the heart, kidneys and other prominent organs. Along with the elders, this disease is a menace for the younger generation too.
What causes high blood sugar?
When the body is unable to produce enough glucose metabolizing hormones, the glucose or sugar content increases in the blood, which causes high blood sugar. The hormone is made from the digestive gland of the body. It converts food into energy. It is through this hormone that the level of sugar remains under control and when there is high blood sugar, the body is not able to get energy properly from the food, due to which excess amount of glucose starts damaging some parts of the body. Other causes of high blood sugar include –
- Congenital Reasons
- Excess Body Weight
- Smoking & Alcoholism
- Too much Stress / Trauma &
- Medication side-effects
Symptoms of High Blood Sugar
High blood sugar does not portray any indications in its initial level. As the condition advances, following symptoms can be noticed –
- An increased urge urinating more, even in night.
- It also has an effect on the eyes. Eyes become weak and eyesight decreases.
- Increased appetite with an unexplained loss of weight.
- Skin problems like boils, pimples etc.
- Feeling always thirsty.
- If there is an injury or wound somewhere in the body, it takes more time to heal than normal.
What are the complications of high blood sugar?
If you are suffering from high blood sugar then you need complete care. As –
- High blood sugar has a worst effect on the kidney.
- It has an effect on various parts of the body.
- Blood flow decreases in the legs, and other body parts.
- It doubles the risk of heart diseases and can also lead to heart attacks.
- It can also possess damage to the eyes, brain, and teeth as well.
How to check for high blood sugar?
You can check for high blood sugar at home with the help of a Glucometer. This is how to use a glucometer –
- First of all, wash your hands with clean water and wipe well.
- Read the instructions of the label on the glucometer and prepare it.
- Now place the test strip in the meter.
- After this, with the help of lancing device take out a drop of blood from your finger.
- Now take your finger to the device near the Test Strip and put a drop of blood on it.
- In just a few seconds your Glucose Level will be shown on the meter.
Tips to prevent and control high blood sugar
Home remedies for to control rising levels of blood sugar –
- Eating berries is beneficial.
- Using cinnamon powder also keeps the sugar level under control.
- Bitter gourd juice helps a lot in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Carrots, beets, citrus fruits reduce the amount of sugar from the body.
(Disclaimer – Consult your doctor or dietitian before making any changes in your routine. The aforesaid is meant only for information basis.)
The Ayurvedic way of managing high blood sugar
Ayurvedic medicine for managing blood sugar, IME-9 is a perfect blend of natural and organic ingredients that not only manages the rising blood sugar level, but supports you to the path of healthy existence. Along with it, get your sugar level checked regularly & consider your doctor’s advice.